Sling and Pointer Training
1. Pointer: The supporter for the operatör who use the crane with the sling.
a. General information about the pointer, teaching and practicing the necessary information,
b. General information about the crane and the slinger,
c. Signs to be used by the pointer: (international standards) Slow, lift, lower, stop, lift the load, lower, emergency signs, jib boom etc.
d. Information about requirements of the pointer incase of danger, being aware of the danger, procedure during the danger, operations after danger,
e. The requirements of the pointer in case of an accident or injury.
2. Slinger: The connection personnel between the load and the crane hook.
a. Knowing about the crane vehicle, learning the crane’s features; learning the general and technical information about the crane’s maneuvre and moving abilities,
b. Knowing about the sling and its features (Sling: Connection element between the load and the crane hook).
c. Identifying slings and sling types; learning about lifting, connection and measurement features of chain, cloth and steel slings.
d. Knowing about the mechanisms related to slings and ropes. Recognition of the sling locking mechanism by both the slinger and the pointer, practice of loading. Calculations before and after the slinging, making the angle features, making the calculations and lifting features of the ropes, loading according to the measures
e. Ropes and rope types; Detecting the damages of the ropes and connecting the ropes to the load
f. Connecting the sling to the load,
g. Hooks; types, control
1. The practice training is rather important for reducing the mistake and accident possibilities to zero and solidify the information after 4-hours of theoretical training and making sure that the pointer and the operator are speaking the same language.
2. Choosing the proper sling and load connection techniques appropriate for the different types of loads, slings and tonnage will be taught to the employees by performing it one by one.
3. After connecting the mentioned load with a proper sling and the connection method, it is wanted from each pointer to perform their defined operations flawlessly.
4. The outer factors that might occur in real life are also included during this lifting operation to check if the employees comply with the work safety rules.
5. The participants who attend both the theoretical and practical trainings will be examined. Participants who get 70 or more will be given a success certificate, those who get below 70 will be given a participation certificate.
We give Training Participation Certificate appropriate for the Regulation About the Methods and Principles of the Employee’s Work Health and Security Trainings Article 15 to the employees who attend the training.